Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday 07.11.2010

After my usual night of interrupted sleep, I got up just before 9. Looked like a good day--clear, quiet. I had breakfast, and shortly after 10 I went out to uncover the boat, the "signal" that we're ready to play.

I wasn't able to get a signal on my phone (it's quite persnickety here) so I couldn't call down to the GC. I did see people in the lake down there swimming. I thought they were going to come down here to play, but then I looked out and saw that the sailboat was out. Hm. I decided to take the speedboat down there.

They were playing in the water and ready to waterski. Jim the Younger went first, getting right up, getting wet a couple more times, then had a good ride. Jacob was next, a first time skier. Uncle Jim was in the water with him, and Jacob had many excellent efforts. Grandma Polly got several photos of Jake; some of them he's really out of the water and over the skis, so technically he got "up". He didn't ski for any distance, though.

Next was the tubers. Jacob and Kris went on two tubes. They had a good ride--the lake was bumpy from the other boats that were out, so they got bounced around some. But smiling anyway.

Ariana asked to tube, so Daddy Jim and she were on the tube like they did last year. And Jake rode the other tube. We didn't go much faster than a slow troll. Then Ariana asked could she go faster. Hm. I was concerned about going fast, as were Grandma Polly and Momma Kris, but there were no other boats around, and the water was quiet, and we were just about back at the dock. So I got them planed out and rode them a short way to the dock. Ariana grinned.

Time for a break. We had been out for almost 3 hours. I went back to the JC--hot, sweaty, hungry, with a little headache I think might have been from the sun. I turned on a fan and cooled off, fixed a bit of lunch and ate, and I was feeling better. I read a little then showered. That felt really good.

I walked down to the GC where Jim was fixing dinner. I visited until dinner was ready then went home. When they were done, Jim, Polly, and Jacob came back down and we tried getting Jake up again. He almost made it, but not quite. He will next time. Maybe tomorrow.

The guys went back to the GC while Polly and I drove to West Branch, she in my van and I in the G6, to drop it at the dealership for the convertible top repair. That was an uneventful drive, thank you God, and we got back to Long Lake about 10:30 pm. Thanks Polly, for going over there with me.

We've had a great summer day, and I thank God for every breath and every heartbeat. Not only mine, but those I love.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment