Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday 07.05.2010

Whew, it was hard to get up this morning. For Dan, too. But we did, and went to our respective J.O.B.s.

It had cooled off to a whopping 76 degrees this morning. And to think, just 6 months ago, we were in a frozen environment. Amazing, Lord, how this is.

A safe drive down, thank You, with two sentinel deer poised as though they were guarding the side of the road, heads up and ears perked. Each was standing frozen, like they were posing. Beautiful animals.

We had a good day at work. The other person in my job role was absent today, so it was just me and a my RNs, all of whom did a phenomenal job today. I got quite busy, it seemed, just after noon, and was very happy to see our dear Sarah had come in to help me out. Whew again. We split the assignment, she took off, and I was able to have lunch about 1:30. (that's a long time from 0515) Ahh, the worklife of a nurse.

I got really fatigued later in the afternoon, and wondered if Sarah would be willing to come in for me in the morning. That would make the third morning of getting up at 0430 for me, which is not so good for me. She checked out her childcare situation and agreed to come in. YESSS! I don't have to get up in the morning!

We finished out the shift.

A safe drive home, thank you God.

Dan was home when I got home. We had a snack and chatted a bit, and Dan is off tomorrow, too. Of course, he's gone to bed. I'm writing here, and had to take another motrin for that pesky wrist/thumb thing.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment