Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday 07.16.2010

Although I didn't sleep well during the night, I did in the morning, surprised that it was 10 o'clock. I had heard Diane earlier, but the house was quiet now. She was probably out fishing.

I had breakfast and was looking at the computer. There were a couple items that needed some attention which involved reading, and it took longer than I thought it might. Neighbor Bob knocked on my door--it was 11:45 and I needed to shower.

He said he had talked to the guy about coming out to look at the shed for a bid for a tear-off, re-shingle, and dispose, and add two vents. Oh, thanks, I said. And, Bob said, he'll be here in about a half hour. Great. I told Bob that if he saw the guy, he could go out and talk to him until I'm out of the shower.

Well, I was in the shower when I thought I heard someone knocking on the door. Then I heard Diane's voice, as she had come in off of the lake. Yup, the guy was here. I asked Diane to tell the guy it would be a few minutes...

I hurried and dressed, then went out to see the guy. Nice guy, Travis, I think. He gave me a number that I thought was not favorable. I took his phone number and told him I would have to talk with my husband and get back to him.

We went out front and watched the lake for a while, seeing that Jim was out on the sailboat. Since I knew that he would probably sail near the dock, I asked her if she might want to go out for a ride. Knowing that we are here now, she said yes, and I found a life jacket for her. We got it adjusted, and just after getting back down on the dock, here comes Jim. He slides up to the dock and she gets on, then off they go.

They were out quite a while. I got myself ready to go to West Branch to pick up the car. Since I couldn't see them in our area of the lake, I wondered if Polly was watching for them. I called her. We visited as we watched for them. Polly could see them from her vantage point, but it was maybe 20 minutes before I could see them. As they came up the lake, then into the dock at the JC, I went down on the dock to help land.

Diane was wet-she slid off the deck, as sometimes happens to first-timers. And they had some wind gusts that added to Jim's list of sailing skills. He does a good job.

Diane showered and got ready to go, and we were off to West Branch. That was an uneventful drive, thank you God, but it was Bike Week, and a few blocks of the street were closed off for a few hours.

We got over to the dealership, where Lora got me fixed up. Of course, I tried the roof, watching. It opened and closed with great ease, and when I checked the trunk latch, that was good, too. In fact, it works better than before. So maybe whatever it was made the trunk hard to shut, too. I'm happy to have it back.

We got back into town, parked, and walked through the lines of bikes. We picked the right time to go to G's Pizza. There were only a few tables seated when we arrived, but not too long after that, the waiting area filled up, and I didn't see any open tables. Wow.

Yummy food, and we headed back to the JC. It's so hot out--mid 80's--I put the top down for the ride back. Ooohhh, Yeeeaaaaahhh. This is good.

We got home, Diane cleaned her fish, and we went down the GC for a fire. Anne, Polly, Jim, Diane, and me enjoyed the company and the s'mores and the mosquitoes that were big enough to collect and put in an omelet.

We walked back to the JC in the dark, with our flashlights. Not much to see tonight, only 1 toad. We sat out on the deck a while before turning in for the evening.

My wrist has seemed a little better today, not quite as sore.

Tomorrow we hope to play with the speedboat.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment