Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday 07.09.2010

I didn't rest as well as I would have liked, but I got up about 8:30 and started the day. Washed up, breakfast, dressed. I had to go to Rose City to the car dealership to see about repairing whatever it was that broke on the car.

It's a beautiful day, sunny with high fluffy clouds.

The guy at the GM dealership says they don't work on Pontiacs. Huh? Isn't Pontiac a GM car? He refers me to Hart Automotive in West Branch. Ugh. Ok, thanks.

I really don't want to go to West Branch, but the GPS says it's only 20 minutes away. Ok, here I go.

I get there, and I wait. I'm third in line. And, as with car issues, each issue is different. When I finally had my turn, the girl, Diane, was very nice, saying that they had a G6 with a broken top just recently. She got the guy Chad, who worked on that one, to come look at mine. But he was busy with other jobs. Could I wait a half hour or 45 minutes or so? Ugh, again.

I had heard that there was a Wal-Mart in West Branch. She told me where it was and the best way to get there. I thanked her and got going.

I was interested in the flowers and plants they have for sale.

I walked around, found a clearance area. These don't look so bad, and the price is right, 50% off. After seeing what was there, I went back.

Just in time. I drove right in, and Diane took the car and drove it into the service bay area, while I went into the customer lounge, just a little tacky, but better than sitting out in the hot sun. Maybe 15 minutes later, I see Chad, the guy that was going to look at my car, come in the counter and get on the computer. Another 15 or 20 minutes later he's done, and Lori came in to get me with the estimate.

Only $349 and some change. Ha. Of course, it's out of warranty. And if it were covered by insurance, we have a $500 deductible. The good news is that the part is available, and the work can be done Monday. I signed the estimate and made the appointment. I'll figure out the logistics of getting the car and me back and forth.

I went back to Wal Mart to select and purchase some plants, then went back to the lake.

I was hungry, tired, irritable, and just plain grumpy, mean, and hateful feeling. And hot. Temps got up to mid 80's again today. I knew I would feel better after eating, and I started the food prep after getting the plants out of the car.

Dan called while I was doing that. I ate, wanted to lay down, but putzed around with the plants again. dipping the hanging baskets in the lake to water them. Jim and Jacob were out on the sailboat, enjoying the breeze that had picked up. The lake was busy with "weekenders", too.

I went down to the GC with the van, as we had decided to put Jim's boat in the water this evening. They were fixing their supper, so I took my mean and hateful feeling self back home. I think I was just frustrated that the first part of the day took so much time to deal with. I sprayed the exterior perimeter of the house with bug spray again, and finished soaking/watering the plants. Close to 7 o'clock, I went back to the GC, where they were ready.

Jim changed the hitch ball, attached the boat trailer, and we were off. I backed the trailer down the ramp, the boat floated, Jacob and Jim got in, fired up, and were off. I went back to the GC to drop the trailer, and after a brief visit, went on back home.

I was starting to feel a little better. I had a lite snack and sat out on Evelyn's pontoon with her and Bob and the dogs. Funny how those unsettling moods happen.

I came back in and searched my files for a photo that had been asked for, but to no avail. That too is odd.

Tomorrow is unplanned--maybe I'll see about getting the pontoon brought over. Maybe.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment