Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday 06.29.2010

I kind of rested during the short night, and got up for work this morning. My right wrist is really sore. I was favoring it all morning, and about 0730 I gave in and took the tylenol and motrin. Happily, I realized that it was much better a couple hours later.

We had a busy workday with a good group of co-workers. I had a phone call from Dr. Williams office asking if I had gotten my blood work done. No, I didn't know I was supposed to get blood drawn. I wasn't given a slip... She confirmed that I had not been given a slip at the appointment in December, and also that no one had noted on my chart that I had been notified to get labs drawn, so she was calling me now. Could I come in today before 1 pm to have it done? Yeah, right. I work until 7 pm, in Jackson. She said it was not a problem, that it would be drawn before the appointment tomorrow. I offered to have it drawn earlier in the morning, as my appointment is 3:45, but she said no. And I could have had it done in Jackson, but they like the results on their own machines in their format. OooKaaay. So, tomorrow I have a lab draw, too. And I could have had that done when I was there last week for the scans. Hm.

Just as I was changing my shoes to leave, daughter Kim called to invite me out to JCC and the Potter Center to hear the Jackson Community Concert Band. Her daughter Kayla is going to JCC in the fall, and since she wants to be involved in band out there, the director said "why wait for school to start, come on out and practice with us." And she did, and it was her first onstage performance with "older" musicians, some of whom had been with the band for 23 years. How cool for her. And I enjoyed the music, as well as the company. Thanks, Kim, for thinking of me.

An uneventful drive home, thank you God, and I got settled in, had a snack, wrote here, and I'm ready for bed. Dan emailed to say he didn't have good cell phone service there and he would email me. Hm. Ok. He'll be home tomorrow evening.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment