Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday 06.01.2010

I slept good again last night, returning to sleep even after the wake times. This morning I saw the sunrise, and was watching the sky and the lake. I knew I dozed, and I thought the clock showed 7:20. And not too long after that, I heard my phone ring. I figured it must have been the hospital, calling for help, before 0800. I dozed a bit again before getting up.

My surprise! 10:00 when I got up! And 0940 when the phone rang! Wow, I really did sleep well.

Frank was just waking, too. We breakfasted, and enjoyed the morning. He went out swimming, and I went out on the dock. He was out a ways when he swam back in, kind of quick. He said he saw a big fish...

We went out in the paddleboat. We found the cleared area where this fish was bedding (?) -- the silt and stuff moved away on the bottom, maybe 3 feet oblong. And there is a hole maybe a 8-12 inches around at one end of it. Frank thinks it came out of the hole. As we quietly floated around, we see it. Eww--eeek--it's big, and probably a huge catfish. Really, maybe 3 feet long. We actually saw it a few times, and I do wonder if it came out of the hole. Sometimes I just don't need to know that there are huge fish in this lake...

We went into Hale for a few groceries, then over to the ice cream store for a scoop (two for Frank). Back home, I spent the rest of the afternoon painting the closet in the back bedroom, while he went outside and worked on his car.

When I finished painting, I got supper together and ate, and Frank ate when he finished and came in.

It was a beautiful day, 79 degrees, blue sky, quiet/light breeze. I would have liked to spend more time outside, but I'm still a little low on energy even though I am feeling better. No thera flu today, just a couple of tylenol and a couple of good coughing spells.

Tomorrow I have to go home. Frank has the option of staying a couple more days.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy cuz! Hey, will you please tell Frank that I would greatly appreciate it if he would work real hard at catching the "Long Lake Monster" and getting it out of there for good? That gives me the heebie jeebies. He can either eat it, throw it in Little LL, or donate it to science! ;-) Who knows, it might be prehistoric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Cont.) (Oops)
    Anway, sure hope you're feeling better. I'm glad to hear that you & Frank got to spend some time together at the JC. Did you take your camera with you on the paddleboat? I'd love to see a pic of that big fish.
    Can't wait to see you.
    Love ya,
    Di

    ReplyDelete