Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday 06.27.2010

The end of June, a full moon, there must be another rhyme and/or a song in there somewhere.

I slept hard for just a few hours last night, and woke to a light summer rain. Again. I got up about 0900, I think. The rain would come and go, sometimes heavier, sometimes just drizzling. Looking at the weather.com site, though, there were severe storms all over Michigan. Again. I have to leave sometime today, and will try to time it so that I'm not driving in the storms. Again.

I tried to get things done, but not push myself so that I wouldn't be all dragged out for work tomorrow.

I did get the back bedroom put together--assembled the twin bed, then brought in the nightstand from the garage, and the lamp and, etc. I finally got the front room emptied out of the miscellaneous items that we had put out there to get the carpet redone. That was a good feeling.

I also installed another under cabinet light near the refrigerator. I like it. I put the curtains back up in the middle bedroom, and replaced the very old, dusty, blue valance thing that was out in the front bedroom with the valance things I found at the Fish store for 50 cents. Oh yeah, I ironed them first. Much better. Then I started on the "going home cleaning".

Checking the computer, it looked like I would be missing most of the rain by leaving about 6. Just as I was getting ready to change those front curtains, I saw Tom out front in the boat. I was glad for the break and a short visit on the dock was welcome.

I was loaded up and on the road at 6:15.

An uneventful drive, thank you God, with only a small amount of drizzle and a few spots of very light rain as the last of the storms passed on. Mostly the sun was winning the battle with the clouds.

At home, I unloaded and unpacked. Dan called--he's arrived in Kentucky with his golf group, and in fact, played 18 holes today. He's doing what he loves to do.

I showered and wrote here, and tomorrow is a workday for me.

So, I'm off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment