Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday 06.25.2010

I was so tired last night. When I finally went to bed, I slept fairly well, though I am still surprised that I wake so frequently. Fortunately I returned to sleep without much difficulty.

Dan got up and went to work, I went back to sleep again. I finally got up about 8.

Ugh. My wrist hurt pretty good this morning, so I had the tylenol and motrin with breakfast. I looked at the computer while waiting for it to work some, then went in to shower.

I added a few things to my suitcase, packed a cooler, loaded the car. I also put the bike rack on and secured my bicycle to it. I was on the road about 11.

I wondered what my brother Bruce was doing today--I called to see if he was available. He was!!

I stopped in Farwell for a lovely visit with him. It had been several years since I had been to his home, but I drove right to it. I kind of surprised myself. He has a beautiful piece of property, a promising garden, and makes a mean peanut butter sandwich. Thanks, Bruce. I really enjoyed our visit.

Back on the road, I made it safely to the JC about 4 pm. A little wind, sunny with clouds moving in, and 80 degrees. The cabin was cool, though, because it was closed up. And clean. Thanks for the sparkly bathtub, Dave and Catherine. It was a pleasure to come in and find it clean.

The neighbors came over, first one, who offered to take the bike off of the rack for me (thanks, Mark) and then Evelyn and Bob, who were out doing yardwork. We visited some, and I had been there an hour or so and still hadn't gotten the car unloaded yet.

So I did. I swept the deck and put the cushions on the glider while my food heated up, and enjoyed my dinner out there. The breeze had died down and it was mirror quiet. I got sleepy so I laid down and enjoyed being there.

When I woke a short while later, I watched the birds. I saw a pair of common terns, I think, a pair of loons, a pair of ducks, a female duck with some babies, a blue heron, and seagulls. And the sheriff out on the water, following a boater whose baby didn't have a life jacket on (they put one on it), then they stopped them again on the other side of the bug buoys. (They had gone close to shore, while the sheriff had gone out and around) Interesting.

Back inside, I made the bed, put things away that I had brought up, changed a light bulb and cleaned the fixture. I moved stuff out of the back bedroom/bunkroom, and started painting. But I had to wipe the walls down first to get the dust and cobwebs off, as well as take the curtains and hardware down. I got a whole wall painted, and half of another. I can put the bunk beds together tomorrow, and paint more, I hope.

I am so blessed to be here, to have family and friends that I love, and who love me too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment