Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday 06.18.2010

We had a "relaxing" kind of morning--neither one of us in a hurry to get showered or dressed. Soon it was noon. I was the first to get showered and started on the rest of my day.

We went out on the paddleboat to visit the catfish. Yep, we found it. And it slowly swam away from it's bed as we drifted over it. It might be 2 feet long, or maybe not quite that big, looking through the water like that. It's big, regardless.

We floated around the quiet water, coming close to shore to float in the shade. Mid 80's, beautiful.

Back inside, we cooled off, and Catherine had heard from Dave that he was on the way over. Woo Hoo!!

I got my things together to get ready to leave for home. When Dave arrived, we called Tom, and we all met at Largent's in Long Lake for supper. The company was better than the food.

I had to leave for home, but after looking at the weather radar, I dawdled a bit, hoping to miss the line of strong storms that was moving through. As it was, I was in a little wind, but when I was just north of Flint I got into rain and lightening. I was in rain until Lansing, and in Holt it had stopped, and the pavement was steaming. The temp had dropped from 83 degrees to 67 degrees.

I got unloaded. Daniel was sleeping, of course, and I slid into bed about 11:45. His breathing didn't change.

I'll be up at 0430...

No comments:

Post a Comment