Friday, May 14, 2010

Thursday 05.13.2010

Short sleep, up for work. A safe drive down, thank you God.

We had a good workday with enough staff to feel like we could actually do our jobs, not just gloss the surface. And with most of the discharges having left by 3 pm, we were able to staff down. And as the other person in my job role wants/needs to work, I offered to go. I clocked out at 3:30. Woo Hoo!

I was more tired than I thought and was happy to get home. I changed clothes, put my workthings away, packed my suitcase to go to the lake. And laid down on the couch for a brief nap.

Dan came in about 15 minutes later. I wasn't really sleeping, but could have been. He went in to change clothes and shower and I finished my nap.

He fixed supper for us (that was nice), we ate, I cleaned up the kitchen, and decided to head north. He helped carry things down to the car, hugs and kisses, and I left about 7 pm.

A safe drive through a couple areas of light rain, and light misty stuff, and I arrived at the JC about 10 pm.

All was well, about 50 degrees, quiet, dark, and drippy. The previous rain/mist and current humidity were dripping from the leaves and eaves, making it kind of creepy here. It was a dark and drippy night... And as the house warmed up it was creaking and making noises... Oh, so not good. I finally put some music on to quiet my imagination (or was that really an animal on the roof...), unpacked, put linens on the bed, looked around at what I wanted to accomplish this weekend. I'm excited for the carpet to be changed, but everything needs moved, and since it's moved, it needs cleaned and/or painted. Where do I start, to make a smooth flow, what can I not move by myself, and in which order do I want to do it?? Did I just hear something....

I chose to take my earphones to bed, listening to George Winston as I settled myself down. I'm writing this Friday morning.

I'm eager to have this project done, to share this beautiful location with family and friends.

Come on up!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment