Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday 05.06.2010

I slept pretty good last night, in between being awake. The morning was a light breeze and clouds moving around, but when I got up about 9:30, it was mostly sunny and windy with "whitecaps" on the lake.

I breakfasted and checked the weather on the computer. Dan called to say he was on the way, and he arrived about 2:45. I was just finishing cutting up the rhubarb we harvested yesterday. I got 8 or 9 quart bags from it, not including what I used for a rhubarb cobbler that we had for supper.

The wind quieted, and Dan and Frank got the dock in. Woo Hoo! I love how the dock angles down toward the water. I told Daniel I wanted to be able to sit on the dock and put my feet in the water. Yay!
Just before I took this picture, Steve the boat guy stopped by. He and Dan talked about the pontoon, and what to do about the motor that doesn't run reliably well. Steve "knows" this motor, pulling odd bits of history from his brain. Between the three of us, we decided to put the motor from the little green boat (an 18 horse, which Steve says is really a 20 horse) onto the pontoon. We don't need a giant motor on that pontoon. We've got the beautiful speedboat if we want to go fast!
After dinner, Dan and I uncovered and moved the green boat, which took us well into dusk by the time we got everything put away for the night. Steve is coming in the morning to pick up the pontoon and the other motor to get that done for us. Woo Hoo again!
Frank had gone out for a kayak ride and seen that Anne Walton had arrived. When he got back, he changed into warmer clothes and went down to visit. Now that he's back, he and Dan are watching a movie, while I'm on the computer. I'm about ready to go to bed...
This is a picture from yesterday, of Frank and me. The sun was really bright.
Not sure what tomorrow brings, other than Frank and I have to go back home. Dan may stay, depending on the weather.
Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment