Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday 05.01.2010 May Day

Our house (condo building, actually) was so hot last night. When I got home from work, Dan wasn't home yet, and we hadn't turned on a fan or opened windows or had the air conditioning on. And with the sun out, these buildings get really warm. I turned the air on (and opened the sliding door to let the warm air out) and the fans on to move the 79 degree indoor air. A couple hours later it had cooled to 78, and by 11 it was all the way down to 77. Since the outdoor temperature was mid to low 60's, I opened the bedroom window and turned the ceiling fan on medium speed. I went to bed, hoping it would be cool enough that I could sleep.

Dan was uncovered and sound asleep. I tried hard to lie still and doze off. I got out of bed about 3 and looked at the thermostat. Geesh--it was all the way down to 76! By the time I got up this morning it was 75 degrees in the house.

I showered, read email, paid bills. The hospital called to tell me that I would be needed this afternoon. Ok. I got my things together and went to my hair appointment, leaving the slider open some, and the upstairs fan on, to move the air around. Maybe it won't be so warm inside when we get home.

I had been letting the hair get longer and was maybe 5 inches or so. I'm not a stylist, my hair doesn't "hold" well, and I need to look professional throughout my 12 1/2 hour work day, not including travel time, etc. So, it's back to an inch and a half or so. Kind of spikey, just the way I like it. I was surprised at the pile of hair she swept up.

On over to the hospital. We were still busy, but the group of patients I "inherited" were pretty good. I had several things to do with them, but was able to leave in a timely manner this evening. WooHoo!

A drizzly drive home, and safe, thank you God.

Dan had golfed after work and was already home. He said it was 78 degrees inside when he got in. Geesh. He had the air on and it hasn't turned off yet. We don't know of anything we might be able to do, other than leave the a/c on all day. He has gone off to bed, and works tomorrow; I don't.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment