Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday 05.21.2010

I know I mention nights a lot, but my sleep pattern is definitely different than B.C. (Before Cancer) Ohmygosh. Last night I had done the deep breathing/relaxation stretches, calmed my mind, put the Zen music in the earbuds, climbed into bed, got comfortable, and...

I ended up hearing the whole 70 minutes of the disc, minus a few minutes when I drifted off. When the music was done, I figured I should turn it off, and listened to Daniel's rhythmic sleep breathing. Hot, restless; Dan has the covers up to his neck. I breathe again and try to cool down. I doze a bit, wake up restless and hot again. Breathe, cool down, doze, repeat. I had gone to bed about 10:15 or so, and by midnight I hadn't really slept. I took a couple of tylenol while I was trying to cool off, and I finally slept. Until 3 AM. Ugh.

I went back to sleep again, waking to the phone. Uh oh, it was 4:48. Huh, I didn't turn on my alarm. Hello? Kathy, we're putting you on call today. Ok, thanks. I laid there hot again and trying to cool off, when Dan got up for work. He went on his way; I listened to the birds.

I dozed a bit, getting up about 8.

I wandered around, had breakfast, and looked at the television. I hadn't done that in a while. PBS, Create. It's probably a good thing we don't have the HGTV channel anymore.

Somewhere after noon I went out to Meijer to pick up something for dinner, and also a set of the Sliders, the round discs used to put under furniture to move it.

At home, I put a crockpot together and put the crock in the microwave for 20 minutes to give it a head start, then transferred it to the "pot".

When Dan got home it was almost done; he looked pretty tired. I was glad that I had food prepared. He laid on the bed while I finished it up, and said he felt better after eating.

The thunderstorm moved through with a couple good cracks of lightening and a good downpour. It has continued to rain the rest of the evening. Of course he's gone off to bed, and I've enjoyed listening to the rain.

Dan works tomorrow, I don't.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment