Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday 04.20.2010

What a beautiful day! I didn't sleep as well as I had hoped, but hey, when you're at the lake, who cares? I got up about nine to a mirror lake and about 40 degrees. As the sun rose higher it got warmer, maybe up to 60?

I wanted to eat, but it was sooo pretty out that I sat on the deck in the sun watching the birds. Seagulls, ducks, geese, and shore birds, too. I finally went back inside and fixed breakfast. I had several phone calls after I ate, and got outside to do something about noon.

As I was sweeping--the back porch, the walkway, the exterior of both the garage and the house--and listening to the birds, I heard what sounded like a "yoo-hoo". Huh? I heard it again and looked up. There was someone standing on the bank in front of the Goodwin Cottage waving an arm and calling. Funny. I couldn't tell who it was, but the air was so quiet we were able to talk to each other. It was Tom. He had brought his leaf blower to work in the yard.

I continued with what I was doing. Next, I got the wire brushes and ended up brushing off both gliders, the wooden one on the side of the house, and the metal one on the front deck, and brushed off the loose paint on both the front and back decks. Tom came over after a while. I asked him if he would blow the paint out of the crevices on the wooden glider, which he did (thanks, Tom) and also played around with the leaves in the side yard. I'd like to burn them, but the conditions haven't been favorable to do so. We also helped Bob put the last couple of sections of dock in the water before Tom headed on home.

I had been out a long time, and I was hungry. Oh--it's 6:30! I fixed and ate supper, washed dishes, then got the shop vac out and cleaned the interior perimeter, floors and ceilings, and got the dead bugs out of the window tracks. I think I'm finally done with chores.

But there was still daylight, and the wind that had picked up in the afternoon had died down again, so I went out with the spray paint. I got the wooden glider painted. It looks good. Ok, now back in for the night.

I showered and caught up on the internet stuff.

Tomorrow I have to go back to Holt. I might finish the cushion recovering project before leaving.

And right now, I feel pretty good.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment