Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday 04.15.2010

I had a wonderful day today! Though I didn't sleep well again last night.

The lake was quiet when I saw it at 0845, when Dan called this morning. He was feeling somewhat better and going to go golfing.

I breakfasted and picked at email, wondering which project I might work on. The phone rang--it was one of my brothers, Tom. He was standing outside of the Goodwin Cottage, waving!! How fun! I went into Hale to see what the carpet choices are, and spoke to a very nice young woman who told me the information I wanted and sent me home after 45 minutes with a sample and printed information. Thank you nice woman.

Next I went over to the grocery to pick up something for supper. I got a sweet potato and a piece of chicken to go with the fresh broccoli I had brought with me. I put the top down on the car to enjoy the ride back in the 81 degree sunshine. Yep, that's what the thermometer in the car showed. Awesome.

Back at the Jacque Cabin, I had a bite for lunch, gathered my gloves and a couple of rakes and went over to the GC. Tom had been raking, but the wind was changing and he said he was done. Oh, ok. We walked around, checking things out, seeing how things wintered. It was all good. We ended up sitting on the neighbors swing overlooking the lake, watched the eagle soar, and had a most enjoyable visit. Thanks, Tom.

I came home and started playing with the spray paint, trying out the colors to see which might go best with the fabric I have for the glider cushions. I was wrapping the fabric around, basting with masking tape, when I saw Evelyn outside with the dogs. I went out to talk to her, and Bob came up. I showed him where I had put the day lily roots (rhizomes?), and how they are growing. When we came back around the side, he took the dogs, and I showed Evelyn my cushion project.

She, being a sewer, was eager to help me figure out how the fabric was going to go, and how to piece it for the best fit. She ended up playing with me for almost 2 hours! We had a lot of fun, laughing and talking.

After she left, I finished to a stopping point, and fixed and ate supper. I've cleaned the kitchen, talked with Daniel, and wrote here.

Tomorrow I go back to Holt, as I'm scheduled to work Saturday and Sunday.

I think I'll do some yoga stretches and go to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment