Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ha Ha April Fool April 1, 2010

After Daniel went to work, I went back to sleep, lulled by birdsong. I was almost refreshed when I woke just before 9. I got up.

What a Beautiful Day! I started with breakfast, then looked at the computer, deciding what to do. Exercise! I could go for a run.

It was perfect temperature, with gentle springtime sun when I was out, around noon. Lots of people were out; three powerwashing, or out in their garages and yards. And children. I didn't actually see too many, but several homes had the sounds of children laughing and playing outdoors or indoors, and the adult interactions, too. A lot of houses had their windows open.

When I got back inside it was "warm" in there. I closed the sliding door and turned on the Air. Yes I did, it was uncomfortably warm in there. One fan was already on upstairs, and I turned on the one in the living room, too, and sat in front of it while I checked the computer for the weather at the lake, and thought, "Hmm,why not...?" I showered after cooling off, thinking it through.

I got my suitcase out. Before long I had it packed, thinking of what I could take from the fridge. And what was in there that I could put together for dinner?

After looking there and in the cupboards, I started putting dinner together. Dan called to say he was on his way, which was perfect timing for the food. The dumplings turned out very well, though the cauliflower was very soft and overcooked. Still yummy, though. Dan went back for seconds.

I had thought I might stay with Dan in the evening, and leave when he went to bed, but I was all put together, and I left a little early, about 7.

I had a good drive up, thank you God, and all was well when I arrived at 10 PM. Sounds of night creatures were all around, and the stars were out, in a 63 degree spring evening. Oh my gosh it smells so good, too.

I unloaded, lit the furnace to take the mustiness out, changed clothes, settled in, wrote here.

It is absolutely lovely here. I hope tomorrow is good so I can go out in the paddleboat.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment