Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday 04.16.2010

I slept better last night, in the front bedroom with the window open. The lake is so beautiful to look at. During the times I was awake/restless/hot/cold I looked over to see the reflections of the lights on the quiet water. The morning dawned quiet, and was a beautiful yellow orange. When I woke again, the breeze had ruffled the water and clouds had started to come in.

I called the carpet installer to see when he could come out and measure. He happened to be doing a job near the Long Lake Bar today, and hoped to be over by 2 PM. Which was great, so I could get on the road.

I cleaned and packed, and he called before 1 to say it would be closer to 4. I said ok, and worked some on the cushion recovering project. Just as I had gotten to a stopping point, it was almost 4, and I was going to call him to reschedule. The wind had picked up, blowing strong and steady, and I wanted to get going.

Knock, knock. There he was.

He came in and measured and asked questions and was there about 20 minutes. He'll call with a material list and cost. Thank you, Rich.

I loaded the car and was on the road about 10 minutes later.


A safe drive home, thank you God.

Dan was in bed, sound asleep at 7:30. Hm. I unloaded, unpacked, and was fixing food when Dan came out. He had eaten and wasn't feeling too good, so he had laid down and fallen asleep. We chatted, he looked at the television, and I wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment