Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday 04.02.2010

It IS a Good Friday, the Friday before Easter.

I have to say that I did NOT sleep well last night, hardly at all. Surprised and disappointed. I slept more this morning, finally waking/getting up just before 11. That wasn't how I had hoped the day would start, but it did, so I made the best of it.

First of all, I wasn't feeling too well. Sinus stuff. Just plain ucky. I notice that there are some trees blooming, but maybe it's just being in a different environment?

I opened the windows and doors, as the thermometer shows 70 degrees out there. Wow. Sunny, but kind of thin overcast, light wind of maybe 10 mph? and variable. Maybe I can go out on the paddleboat.

I putzed around inside, enjoyed my coffee. When I heard voices outside, I went out to greet the neighbors, who were greeting each other. We chit chatted a bit, then went our ways.

I got the paddleboat in the water and went for a ride. I had to stay pretty close to shore with the wind, but it was good. I went down as far as the sandbar, which was into the wind, then came back. 10 buffleheads, 2 were female, 2 mallards, by the dam, and I think I saw a muskrat over by our house. I stopped at the Goodwin Cottage and got out.

All was well there. I was sitting on the swing, enjoying it, when I heard car doors. It was Aunt Donna and her friend Kathy, who had come to Hale for Mass at St. Pious, and stopped at The Cottage. What a nice surprise!

We visited a bit, and got the keys to show Kathy the insides of the cottage and trailer. All was well in both places--just a lot of dead flies in the cottage. They went on their way.

Me, too. I got back home and put the boat away. Evelyn wanted me to take some daylilies and some other bulbs that they had dug up, so I took a few scoops of them, got the shovel, and put them down front in the corner by the seawall where it was trying to wash out. Maybe that will help anchor the dirt...

That done, I put the shovel away. I was still kind of punky and it was time to eat. I fixed my food, and Dan called as I was about done eating. I realized I was feeling better. Good.

I cleaned up the kitchen and got started on a project, but didn't get very far. I decided I wanted to sew on hook and loop tape to close the covers for the cushions, and will need to obtain the stuff before I cut and/or sew anything.

It's still a little breezy, but mild. Lovely night. My sinuses feel mostly better. I'll have to come home tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment