Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday 03.24.2010

I slept pretty good, overall. When I woke to get up it was almost 9:20. I was pleasantly surprised.

I got up and started getting things together to go to the lake. After breakfasting and checking the computer, I loaded the car and was on my way by 10:30.

A beautiful, sunshiney day. Traffic was light to medium and moving along. With one stop for fuel in/fuel out, I got to the cabin at 1:15. It was 57 degrees, blue skies reflecting off of the beautiful blue lake. There was absolutely no ice on the lake.

I unloaded the car, turned on the furnace to take the chill out, and looked around. Tulips and iris?/daylilies? are up a few inches. Buds on trees, lilacs, rose bushes. The birds are singing, as are the ducks and seagulls.

I had lunch, with a nice phone conversation, then went outdoors. Oh my gosh. So Beautiful. I opened the garage, started the van and let it run while I was out in the yard. (I let it run about a half hour)

I ended up raking the back yard around the house, shed, and garage; the side yard, and beside the garage where the gas pig is. I also spoke with both of the neighbors, at different times, who said that the ice was completely off the lake about 3 days ago, that it went quick and just disappeared.

It was such a beautiful day. I saw a pair of bufflehead ducks, a pair of mallard ducks, a pair of seagulls, and a pair of swans. Oh, yeah, and the eagle, soaring. I wanted to just watch them, but I wanted to take advantage of the mild weather to get some yardwork done. I also cut the lilac bush new growth around the gas pig, and cleaned that area out. The leaves in there are still very wet, so I moved them around to dry. I don't think I'll burn leaves this trip. It was so lovely on the water, I wanted to go for a paddleboat ride. Maybe tomorrow.

I was pretty hungry when I was done with the outdoor project. It was 7:30. I fixed supper, and while that was in the oven, I put the new showerhead water filter on. My hope is that it filters some of the rust out of the water, so I don't have to scrub that shower wall so much.

Supper was good, as Daniel had called just as it was ready. We had a nice visit. He's still having a good time.

The rest of the evening I checked email and wrote here. I'm ready for bed.

Thank you for reading. Wish you were here. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. We wish we were there, too!!

    Love ya,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete