Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday 03.09.2010

I didn't sleep much, it seemed. Daniel didn't sleep well, either, and he got up and out this morning. I, of course, was able to go back to sleep, finally getting up about 0930. The glorious noises of the birds; I know they are the same birds that have been here all winter, but this morning they were very noisy. It was sunshiny and 38 degrees when I got up. Spring?!

I got ready and got on the road about 11:30. The clear sky and warmer temps made for a pleasant drive. I got to Diane's, visited briefly, then we went on up to Cadillac for her "procedure". We arrived about 2:20 for her 3:00 appointment.

She was called back about 2:30, and close to 3 they called me back; she was done and recovering. Sleeping in the recliner, she was. The doctor explained to me that she had injections on either side of the vertebrae in her lower back with marcaine to bathe the nerve branches, for a total of 4 injection sites. She should be more comfortable rather soon.

Diane finally woke, and after another half hour or so she was ready to leave.

We got back to her house and I fixed dinner while she rested on the sofa at intervals. As the evening went on, she had gotten up and down a few times, and was still fatigued and stiff and sore. She finally went to bed, and I'm on my way, too.

Tomorrow I'll be leaving. I hope she's more comfortable that she was tonight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU, my gaurdian angle, for being here! Your presence alone was a huge comfort in itself. (It's so nice and very fortunate to have a family with our own private nurses.) I'm so very grateful for ALL you did. God bless you always.
    All my love,
    Di

    ReplyDelete