Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday 03.25.2010

I slept pretty good overall. I slept out in the front bedroom, hoping it wouldn't get too cold up there. It didn't. In fact, the temp was comfortable. Outdoors, however, had changed drastically.

When I had been awake during night, each time the lake was mirror quiet and stars were out. This morning, about 8:30, it was windy, heavy gray clouds, and cold. 27 degrees that made it to maybe 35. With the wind chill I will guess that it was in the teens.

The lake was awesome. With the wind and gusts from the NNW, there were not only whitecaps, but rolling waves moving down the lake. I could see the waves splashing on the seawalls, and watched with the binoculars for a while.

The wind would quiet, and the lake would settle, and the ducks and seagulls would move. Then the wind would start again, churning up the lake. The sky finally lightened and turned sunny, but it was still cold, at maybe 30 degrees.

I went out for a walk about noon and took pictures again. The ground is soft and our road is muddy and rutted and washboard-y.

Mary came over for a visit. When she left, I had a bite to eat, then did some yoga. I had been thinking about going home--being cold and windy, and I've done what I wanted to--and decided to leave.

I packed up and cleaned and was on the road about 8:30.

I had a safe drive back, thank you God. By 11:30 I was unpacked and in my 'jamas and had the computer on to write here.

Tomorrow I'll finish laundry and get ready to work the weekend.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment