Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday 03.20.2010

Dan got up and went to work this morning while I tried to stay asleep. When I finally felt rested enough to get up, it was around 0900. I stripped the bed and started laundry, thinking I might have done this one of the previous couple of days so that I could have put the linens outdoors for a while.

I went down to Jackson for my hair appointment. Lauretta did a good job on my hair, as she usually does, and I went on over to Frank's house.

He was finishing his own laundry, and we visited while he folded his things. When I called out to John, he said he was upstairs on the bed. I asked could I come up, and he said yes, he just wasn't feeling well.

He had an ice pack on his lower leg, and his cheeks were flushed and eyes glassy. Huh? What's up? He had been to the doctor yesterday and gotten yet another prescription for yet another antibiotic. I looked under the ice pack. Yowser!! He has another (still?) infection in his leg. Even with the ice on it, it was hot and red. I outlined it for him so he could watch for increase. I hugged him and wished him well. He said he's going to need a least one more, if not two more, surgeries on that leg. And now, with the infection, it might be sooner than anticipated. It's been almost two years since the truck crashed into his motorcycle. And he's not been back to work yet. Can I ask you to pray for him, for physical and emotional healing? My heart goes out to him.

Frank and I went over to Panera Bread for lunch before he went to work at his "fun" job--Allskate. We had a good visit. He went on his way, and I went on over to Lowe's for bulbs for the kitchen track lights before going home. And when I got to Mason, I stopped there at that Meijer store to pick up a few things there.

It wasn't very long after I got home that Daniel got home, too. He finished gathering and packing, and offered to go out for dinner. So we did.

Bob Evans. We each had fish, which was pretty good.

Back at home, he put a few things in the car and we visited before he went off to bed. He wants to leave "when he wakes up".

I'll be going to bed soon, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment