Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday 03.19.2010 Oh, My Mouf

I had to set the alarm to be in Jackson for the dental appointment at 0900. Ok, out of bed...

It was a beautiful day, sunshine and birdsong. I had a safe drive down, thank you God. I had to wait several minutes before being called back to the drilling room.

Sandy is one of the nice assistants to Dr. Hess, and she got me set up in the chair, clipping the paper bib on me. I recognized my anxiety and did my best to breathe and relax. When Doctor finally came in, we chatted about the procedure (crown prep), and he got started.

Without going into detail, let me say the anesthesia (injection of numbing stuff) worked, and two hours later I left with a temporary crown in place. My mouf was still numb--shoot, the whole cheek and right side of my mouf didn't move. My lips opened and closed on that side when I would open my jaw. It was kind of comical, and I was glad I didn't try to do this and have to go back to work. My lower eyelid and right half of my tongue was numb, too. I did stop at the credit union, though. I hardly spoke.

I got home safely, thanks again, and took the opportunity to lay down and take a rest. I ended up sleeping a half hour or so, and woke feeling not quite so punky.

My mouth was feeling a bit swollen where the work was done. I took the tylenol/motrin with a half of a pb&j sandwich and a slobber of milk. Not really, but I did have to be careful still. It was so nice out that I went over to the post office with the top down on the convertible. Oh, yeah...

Daniel got home and we had (yummy) leftovers again for supper. I had the soft pasta stuff from last night; he had the ham/cabbage/sweet potato stuff from the other night.

The rest of the evening he wandered around, collecting things for his trip to Florida. He wants to leave early Sunday morning. He plans to be gone for a week.

I have a haircut tomorrow.

My mouth is feeling more sore and swollen this evening. I know it's normal, but it sure feels weird.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment