Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday 02.24.2010

After Dan got out of bed this morning, my phone rang, asking, "Could you work today?" No, sorry, I said, and dozed back off. Dan left for work; I stayed in bed and continued my sleep/wake cycles a couple more times, getting up about 9:30, finally feeling mostly rested.

I started laundry and had breakfast. I had a phone call inviting me to the high school Choral and Ensemble Festival (I think that's what it's called) here at Holt High School, where my great-niece Chelsea was performing with her school, Western, from Jackson.

I showered, changed laundry, and soon it was time to go. To my pleasant surprise, a vehicle pulled out of a parking spot just for me to pull in to. And Cari was waiting for me inside the building. We hurried into the natatorium, where a male chorus was entering and getting ready to perform. Jim, Cari and I enjoyed their performance; next was Western High School.

Chelsea and all did a good job. From there was critique, then sightsinging. The whole process brought back memories of my own high school Choir Festivals. I tried to listen to the judges and their comments, wondering about the "adult" interpretations vs. the "teen" interpretations.

When we were done and went back outside, it had snowed an inch or so.

I had a bite to eat, finished the laundry, and it wasn't too much longer before Daniel was home. We visited a bit before I went over to the pool for Finning class. It was snowing like crazy--but I went anyway.

It was fun. I had to clean the car off of about 3 inches of fluffy show. It was very pretty, but also tricky to drive in.

I got home without incident, thank you God. Daniel was trying to stay awake; I rustled up something for me to eat. He went on to bed not too much after that.
I checked the computer, looked at the Olympics, and wrote here.

Tomorrow I have a meeting in Jackson in the afternoon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment