Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday 02.17.2010

Hot. Cold. Sleep, awake. Why am I awake?? Restless. Oh, yeah. Hot. Covers off, lie still, breathe. Starting to doze off, getting chilled. Covers back on, cold now. Curl onto right side. Finally warming, stretch out a little. Off to sleep. Repeat at intervals of 45 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes. If I'm really tired, I might make it 2 hours or just a little longer. But not usually.

So as I read about sleep and sleep stages and REM and non-REM sleep and the studies of how interrupted sleep has negative affect on every aspect of health, I wonder what interrupted sleep is doing to me? I do what I can to help get better quality rest, including not getting upset that I'm awake, yet again. I don't know of a solution at this time yet. Three more years of Arimidex, cancer-free is the long-term goal. Thank you God.

I woke at 4 and decided to call the hospital to see if they needed me. They did. I wend back to bed and rested until the radio came on.

Uneventful drive down, thank you God, and the shuttle almost took off without me. The other riders were looking out for me and told Celeste that I was getting out of my car. She waited, and we went over to the hospital.

It was a busy day. We were full on 4 south and had to open the overflow unit, 4 west, late afternoon. The highlight of my day, however, was lunch. I crunched down on something that didn't crunch--yup, broke a tooth. Darn. Big piece of tooth. I called the dentist's office; since there isn't any pain involved, the doctor will see me tomorrow at 11. I'm thinking crown. I'm thinking I'm getting old.

It was time to go home. A safe drive, thanks again. Dan was working on the computer again. We visited a bit, then he showered and went on to bed. I've got the Olympics on while writing here.

Tomorrow is a workday, with a dentist visit thrown in.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment