Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday 02.06.2010

I think I may have slept a bit more last night. I know of at least one interval that was 2 hours, and another that was an hour and a half. After Dan left I was able to sleep again from 6 through almost 8. Temp instability, hot, and so cold I can hardly get warm. Then a hot flash that has perspiration running on my forehead, while my hands and feet are practically blue-cold. I know that this "vasomotor instability" is a "normal" and "expected" response to the blocking of the estrogens by the Arimidex, but. Gee Whiz. I had a "moment" after getting out of the shower, and before I could get moisturizer on my face my forehead was wet with perspiration and I had to dry it off first. I had just had enough of the being cold and being hot thing. I didn't wallow in it very long. I AM truly happy to be alive and cancer-free.

The day moved on. I went to the auto parts store to get a replacement bulb for the left rear turn signal for a total of $2.15. That's the least amount I've paid for anything for that car. Or any recent car.

Back at home I collected a screwdriver and pliers, got two of the nuts removed, as directed in the manual, but couldn't get the third one without a hex wrench. I don't know where Dan has it/them, but I was happy to be able to pass it on to him. I cleaned the windows and applied the Rain-X product. By that time my hands were cold and my head was sweating. I went in to warm up my hands.

Dan got home a short while later, found the tools necessary for the job, and completed it. There. Turn signal bulb replaced and functioning correctly. Thank you God and Dan!

We visited a few minutes then got ready to go to a Valentine's Dinner Dance hosted by our financial planner. It was very nice, and we enjoyed a nice evening out.

Back at home before 10. We both got out of our dress-up clothes, washed up, and Dan went to bed. He has to work tomorrow.

I'll be getting what I can together for my trip to South Carolina to visit Jeremy, as I work Monday and am leaving Tuesday early.

I'm tired myself.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment