Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday 02.01.2010

What a restless sleeper I have become. And I had to get up this morning to go to work. When the alarm went off I procrastinated getting up, waiting to see if I was going to get called. I called the unit--yes, we need you...

I got up and ready.

A safe drive down, thank you God. I waited several minutes for the shuttle and rode over to the hospital.

Myself and another nurse were on the overflow unit. We sent all but one patient home, transferring the remaining patient over to the primary unit. Of course we had to staff down, but others wanted to go, and they did. We finished out the last couple hours of the shift with a flurry of activity, things that needed to happen in a timely fashion, which ended up with two of us working alongside the oncoming shift to get "our girls" (patients) taken care of.

I ended up walking over to the parking lot, which wasn't too bad. The temperature was a "balmy" 24 degrees and quiet. Funny how that feels warm after single digits.

A safe drive home, thanks again. Dan was home, doing what he does. I was very tired when I got in. I took care of my belongings, chit-chatted a little with him until he went back to the computer, then wrote here.

I'm scheduled to work tomorrow. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping to sleep tonight...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment