Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday 02.12.2010

I slept pretty good in the hotel, waking somewhere around 8:30. Frank got up before I did and went down for breakfast. I got up and got my things collected after washing up, then went for my own breakfast. I really wanted to get in the pool this morning, but checkout was 11 AM, and besides, were were still 8 hours from home, according to the GPS. We loaded up and headed north on I-75.

Which was fine for a while, starting in Knoxville then going into Lexington and on to Cincinnati. The larger cities were traffic-ed like larger cities, and it was yucky. Frank and I looked at the routes and decided to take 127, which goes straight north and into Michigan Center, which both avoids the larger cities as well as reduces the miles.

Oh my gosh. Today's drive was ok, but...the traffic around Lexington and Cincinnati was extremely congested and stop and go a few different times. But...127 was a business route which was "Main Street" for a number of the towns it went through. Complete with traffic signals and stop signs. Needless to say, we didn't make much time on the way home. The only stretch of 127 that is 70 mph is here in Michigan.

The good news is that we did get home safely, first at Frank's at 9 PM, then to Holt about 9:45. Whew. Thank you God, for our safe trip.

I was happy to see Daniel. He helped me unload, and we visited a short time before he had to go to bed. I unpacked and watched the Opening Ceremonies of the 21st Winter Olympics.

Gotta go to bed; work tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment