Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday 02.05.2010

Interrupted sleep, awake when the radio came on. Ugh. Just when it felt like I was settling down again...

I got up and ready for work, as did Daniel a half hour later. We left for our J.O.B.S.

A safe drive down, thank you God. The shuttle was there and took us over to the hospital.

My co-worker and I weren't too busy at first, as we were "opening" the overflow unit. We helped Labor and Delivery, as they were having babies like popcorn popping. Of course, those moms were transferred to us after their recovery period. We had a couple other staff join us late morning at the peak of the influx, and we were all doing what needed to be done. We continued to be busy with admissions throughout the day, including the gynocologic surgical patients. And remember that the mom is one patient, and the baby is another. We ended up with 2 beds left at the end of the shift. Whew.

A good drive home, thanks again, in the wind. Daniel was up looking at the television. We chatted a bit and he went to bed at 9 pm.

My arm was swollen today; so much so that I put the sleeve and gauntlet on shortly after arriving to work. It was uncomfortable after a couple hours and I took it off. I took it off and put it back on about a half hour later, several times throughout the day. I'm not sure it does much, but I can say that I had it on.

Tomorrow Dan works, I don't. Ahh.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment