Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday 01.06.2010

The alarm went off this morning after a too-short night. The big salt trucks came through the complex between 2 and 3. And what goes in comes out, meaning that they went by twice. I'm thankful they did, so that Dan and I could each get out, but they were noisy.

The freeway was "good" for my drive south. Until I got just north of Jackson, where there was more crunchy slush, like it had not been salted for as long. But I arrived safely, thank you God, and the shuttle was in the lot. Woo Hoo!!

On the overflow unit today, we had a good crew. An odd type of busy, steady, with unusual occurrences with our patients. Everything and everyone was taken care of very well, although I'm sure the pacing had much to do with it. Had the flow been more congested it could have been a really bad day.

Frank stopped in to see me and to do an errand for me. He's a great guy. I like how my co-workers smile at him, and hug him. He does, too.

Our shift was finally over. The shuttle took me back to my car, and I headed home in the dark, on mostly dry roads.

Dan had gotten home a couple hours later than usual due to a staff meeting, and he had just showered and gotten settled in "his" chair. We had less than an hour together before he fell asleep, and off to bed he went.

I wrote here, and I'm going to bed soon, too.

I found myself surprised several times throughout the day at the different muscles that are making themselves known, especially around the shoulders, hips, and knees, from the water aerobics last night. I ended up taking tylenol/motrin after lunch, and again when I got home this evening.


I've fallen asleep here, so ...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment