Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday 01.21.2010

I slept better last night, only because I listened to my headphones. I do go to sleep, and when I wake I wonder why, then realize the music has stopped. I managed to feel mostly rested this morning.

Dan was up first this morning. I was awake about 9 ish when I heard Frank and Dan talking. It wasn't long before they were up at the computer again. I got up and got myself ready for the day.

I put laundry in, had breakfast, and soon it was time to go see Leah. Lee -ahhhh. She does such a good job. Reflexology on the feet today. It may be "hooey" but I believe it's making a difference.

That hour flew by. Back at home the guys were still doing their thing. I had forgotten to move the laundry into the dryer; I did that now and pondered going to the lake. Hmm. It's nice outside, 28-32 degrees, hazy/sunny, no precipitation...I checked the weather for Long Lake. About the same. Dan asked if I was going up north. "Yes" I responded. I set about gathering what I wanted to take with me for an overnight, as I work on Saturday.

I packed, and Frank carried things downstairs for me (thanks Frank), I heated up some food to take with me, and got on the road about 3. Oooohh yeeaaahhh. (cue music On The Road Again)

Travel was good, thank you God. I had a stop at Wilder Road for vehicle fuel in and me, fuel out. I parked at the end of a row so I could walk a bit to get to the restrooms. It was just enough, as I didn't want to get there too much after sunset.

As it was, I arrived just before 6, dusky twilight closing in. The neighbor Bob and Evelyn had moved a little of the snow in our driveway, and he drove in to make tracks with his four wheel drive vehicle. There has been enough snow melt/compaction that the larger of the drifts in the driveway was just deep enough that the undercarriage of the car rubbed. Not too much, and I was able to drive up to our garage. Thank you, Evelyn and Bob.

I unloaded the car, and all was well inside. I had a bit of a time to get the furnace to stay lit, but after a half hour or so, I DID!!! By now it was totally dark outside, with a waxing crescent moon and gobs of stars. I put on boots and tromped over to Evie & Bob's.

It's pretty cold out--20's--and a light breeze. But so quiet, and the odd noises of the lake, like the distant kettle drum. I would like to figure out how I could be outdoors, quietly, and listen, without freezing...

They saw me outside and I went around to be let in. The dogs greeted me happily, as dogs do. We visited briefly. Bob was going over to work on a project that wouldn't take real long, and "would you like to go see the house Evelyn's son is building?" Well, not really. I'd kind of like to stay home. I thought about it. How long are you going to be gone?? Only about a half hour...

We were indeed gone for a short time. Evelyn is very proud of her son's carpentry and finish work. He has crafted all of the cupboards, door and window frames and sills, and done (I think) all of the work themselves. Very nice work. I was glad I went.

Back at home, the cabin had warmed up nicely. I changed clothes, put things away, found a snack, and wrote here. And I'm getting sleepy.

My head seems go be intermittent. I'm hoping it's getting better.

It's nice to be here. Thank you God. I hope I can sleep.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment