Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday 01.31.2010

Can you believe it?? Not only is it a new year, it's already the end of the first month... Yep. And I'm glad to be alive.

I was finally sleeping this morning when the very loud, annoyingly repetitive beeps of the smoke/fire alarm system went off this morning. What?? Dan had been up, and I sniffed for food. That's usually when the alarm goes off--you know, smoke alarm = dinner's ready. I didn't smell anything, and I hear Dan moving around. I got up.

He's got 3 of the detectors removed from their bases on the ceiling, and the alarm is still blaring. Let's see--no smoke, no fire, hmmm. Is it carbon monoxide?? I'm not drowsy, and neither is he. I clicked off the circuit breaker marked "smoke alarm". Nope, that didn't quiet it either. Now he's got a ladder and gotten the detector removed from our bedroom ceiling. It finally stopped.

He checked all the batteries, and they showed "good", and put everything back together after a while. Very odd. We still don't know why it alarmed.

I snuggled back into bed, as it was only 0800, and woke again shortly after 9. Ahh. Feeling rested.

I got up, showered, dressed, breakfast. I caught up on email , did a load of laundry, and did some reading. Dan has been working on his computer all day. We decided to go out to Los Tres Amigos for food. Yum!

The sun had come out, and although it was still in the 'teens, it was pretty. When we got back I went out for a walk.

The wind was cold, but I was bundled up and did fine. So beautiful out there.

The rest of the evening was low key. I finished a chapter and worked on another, while Daniel finally got his computer functioning!! Woo Hoo!! He is very pleased with himself.

He's gone off to bed, and I'm going too, pretty soon. Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment