Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday 01.17.2010

Whoa. I didn't hardly sleep last night. For one thing, I was cold. And couldn't get warm. I put the earpiece in my ear and listened to the radio for a couple of hours, but only drifted, never really sleeping. When Dan got up and left for work, I pulled another blanket on. Still cold, still awake. I decided to check the furnace. What?!? It's showing that it's 65 degrees in the house. No wonder.

I know there are lots of people who keep their house at that temperature, but we don't. I turned it up to 72 and went back to bed. After about a half hour I was finally warming up and I drifted off to sleep. And wouldn't you know it--I had a #blinking# hot flash that had me throwing the blankets off and deep breathing. Ugh. Where were the hot flashes when I was so cold...???

I was happy that when I woke I had slept a couple of hours. Not feeling rested, for sure, but since it's nearly 10 o'clock I got up.

I was hungry, so I had breakfast. And my head feels really strange, like when I was having chemo treatments. Like when I turn my head my brain takes a minute to catch up. I thought maybe I was a little dehydrated, so I drank water, making sure to have more throughout the day.

After a lovely shower, I checked the times for the library, made a grocery list, and went out. Probably not the smartest thing to do with my brain feeling like this. But I did.

I selected a few items at the library and checked those out and went on to Meijer.

The store was kind of busy, being Sunday afternoon. I kept to my list, although I had to go back through the aisles a few times. That was kind of strange, but I navigated through, checked out, and got home.

Dan was home when I got there and he came down to help carry the bags up. He's a great guy.

We spent the rest of the evening catching up. He went to bed a while ago, and I'm on my way.

My head is still weird and I'm still hot flashing. I did not take the effexor 37.5 mg again today (second day without it). Is this brain thing from the lack of that medication? I don't know. I hope I'm better tomorrow... It's a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment