Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday 01.08.2010

I woke enough this morning to have a brief conversation with Dan; I fell back to sleep before he left, waking again about 6. I had the alarm set for 0820 so I could check the weather and get ready to go to the lake. Since I was awake, I started a load of laundry, getting started. I went back to bed, sleeping until the radio came on.

Ugh.

I listened to the weather, and hearing that the snow had passed, I got up. Yippee!! I can go to the lake!!

I got up, changed the laundry, had breakfast, got things together. Before I knew it, it was time to go for my massage appointment with Leah. Ahhh.

Before I knew it again, that hour was over, and I had to leave. She had done a good job, as always.

The roads had been plowed and salted, improving their condition. By the time I'm ready to head north they might be pretty good.

I finished getting my things together, dried the second load of laundry and got it out, loaded the car, was on the road by 12:20.

The highways were wet and drying, and north of St. Johhs they were mostly dry. And the sun came out, too, making the snow covered rural landscape bright and fresh looking. So Beautiful. Thank you God for letting me see this today.

I stopped at cousin Diane's place of work to give a hug (and return what I had borrowed) and use the restroom. She has her own office with a name plate on the wall and everything! It was a brief visit, and I got on my way.

I made it to the Cabin about 4:15 and 21 degrees. The heating guy called to say that he was about 15 minutes out--which was great, because I was just coming into Long Lake.

I parked next door at our neighbors' Evelyn and Bob. Our driveway is definitely plowed closed. But the drift pattern lent itself to a nice path between the yards. I loaded my arms and went up to the house. The sun had crusted the snow, so it was fairly easy to walk on.

All was well inside. Looks good, with the radiant heater keeping the temperature about 40 degrees. I was just getting the last load from the car when the furnace guy pulled in.

He checked the furnace the same as Dan did, but then removed a piece and bypassed it. Wa La!! It worked! Through the magic of Nextel, a replacement part arrived in about 20 minutes. The guy was here a little more than an hour, and for the price of only $190.10, the heat is on. Thank you God.

Time for supper. As my food was cooking, I unpacked, made the bed, etc. By now it was dark. When I was talking with Daniel, I looked out and saw that the temp has dropped to 10. I'm comfy inside...

After dinner was cleaned up I figured out how to use the VCR (with all the different remotes and such). I put the yoga tape in, and before I knew it the 70 minutes tape was done. Those stretches feel sooo good.

And wrote here. Tomorrow I'd like to at least go out for a walk. I hope there's not much wind, and maybe even 20 degrees.

Wish you were here. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment