Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday 12.09.2009

I slept fair, waking when Daniel got up for work. We chatted a little as he dressed, and I must have dozed off, because I didn't hear him leave. It was almost 9:30 when I woke for the day.

I got up and showered, put a load of laundry in, had breakfast. The weather was interesting: blowing and gusting, snowy, 30-34 degrees. The roads were white when Dan had gotten up, but now were melting, slushy, and mostly just wet. I went out to pick up my glasses.

The traveled roads were wet and some overpasses were questionably frozen. Most traffic was cautious. I arrived and walked in the blustery wind to the building.

Bob was great, as usual, fitting my glasses. He checks how the lenses are ground, like where the transitions are for the bifocals, on a machine, then checks them while on my face to see if the markings match with my pupils. They kind of did. He did the fine tuning of the nose pieces and bows and such, and to my pleasant surprise, looking through the lenses were like sliding your feet into familiar slippers. Ahhh. The "personal fit" is why I don't get eyewear from 39dollarglasses.com.

Back home, the wind was changing directions and I noticed the railing on the balcony was icing up. Uh oh. I was glad when Dan called and said he was on his way home. And that he arrived about an hour later, safely, thank you God.

I fixed dinner after a bit and we ate. Dan showered after dinner, and you know that it wasn't too much longer than he was sleeping in the chair. When he snorted himself awake, I encouraged him to go on to bed and sleep comfortably. He did.

The rest of the evening I've tried to organize a couple of photo files and read a little. It's still snowing and white outside.

Tomorrow Dan works and I've got errands again. Maybe the storm will have passed....

An odd thing that I've finally correlated--after I have the pain in the woundbeds the shoulder aches. Maybe the lymph fluid?? I see Ike Friday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment