Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday 12.22.2009

I woke early, maybe 6:30 ish, hoping that Ike would call me when she got in to the therapy place. I dozed/slept off and on and was surprised when I woke a little before 8 that Dan was not in bed. I heard him snoring out in "his" chair. Hmm. I dozed back off and woke again about 9:20. I guess Ike isn't going to call. I'm not real sure what to think about that. When I got up, Dan heard me up and came in, saying he'd been awake since 0500. Right. And you snore while you're awake??

Anyway, my arm is not any worse this morning. Definitely tender/sore where it was so swollen yesterday. And the lumps are still there near the crease of the elbow. And the joints in my hand feel tight. *sigh*

We got ready for the day, and Dan helped my put on the compression sleeve. I put the gauntlet on, too, which is a partial fingerless glove. Not the most comfortable thing, but neither is the swollen arm.

We enjoyed our morning, then went out Christmas shopping. It really turned out to be an enjoyable afternoon. And I don't much like to shop. We were able to obtain most everything on our list, within budget, and make solid decisions on them all. Way cool!

After several stores and a break for a nice meal we got back home just before dark. We looked on the internet for a couple things we didn't find, learning where we needed to go to pick them up. Almost done except for the wrapping.

The rest of the evening we didn't do much. Dan had the tv on while I was on the computer.

I work tomorrow; he gets to enjoy being home. Maybe he'll wrap some gifts...

This evening, after taking the sleeve off, my arm still has the firm fullness at the elbow with a few lumps, the tenderness is just a bit less, and my fingers feel tight. Ah, the hazards of having the lymph nodes removed. Life!! The benefits of having cancer removed! I am thankful, and praise God for the gifts He gives me.

And for the gift of you.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment