Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thursday 12.24.2009 Christmas Eve

I slept last night!! And did that feel good. When I asked Dan if I had been snoring, he smiled, then said yes, you know, just softly snoring. Ooohhh, yeahhh. That was a good sleep.

We had a nice morning. I breakfasted, showered. My arm is still swollen, with a tender area where the lumps are.

I had to go out for last minute things. I made the list of stops and items at each. I took my "device" to listen to while standing in line. The pharmacy was busy, but no line. Gordon's Foods was out of a couple things I wanted, but I got the other items. Again, the store was busy, but I didn't have to wait in line there, either. On to Meijer.

Busy. Oh My Gosh. Most people were hurrying and pleasant, some were frazzled, kids were anxious. I was able to find what GFS didn't have, as well as the other things on my list. Then, I. waited. in. line. Another OMG. I listened to my story until my phone rang. It was Jeremy.

He had asked for, and I had sent him, the recipes for Molasses Cookies and Holiday Salad. He was making the cookies when he called, waiting to take the first batch out of the oven. He said they smelled right, looked right, and when the first ones cooled off, they tasted right, too. WooHoo!! He's also going to put the salad together for a party tomorrow. I'm glad he's got good friends around him.

After putting things away, I sat down and rested my feet. Ahh. Then I realized I was hungry, so I got up to fix us something to eat.

With dinner prepared, consumed, and cleaned up, I figured since it was Christmas Eve, I should probably put the stockings up. I did that, filled them, wrapped gifts and put them under the tree. It now looks like Christmas.

Dan has been reading most of the evening. We (I) have been watching the flight status of Dan's daughter Kris' flight in from Denver via Minneapolis/St. Paul. It shows that they'll be at least an hour and a half late arriving. We pray for safe travel, for all who are traveling.

I've had sinus pressure today, like it's trying to develop into something. I've had a claritin and a sudafed, and still dripping from one side. Yuck.

I have to work in the morning, just 8 hours. I hope the prediction of ice glaze is incorrect. Time will tell.

Merry Christmas to you, my friends. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment