Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thursday 12.15.2009

I woke up for the day about 8:30 after a typical night of interrupted sleep. I got ready for the day and had breakfast.

First appointment was a lymphedema treatment with Ike. She looked at my arms and torso very carefully; I think she was trying to say I didn't need a treatment without coming right out and saying so. As she was feeling my upper arm, I pointed out the lumps under the skin (lymph nodes?) and how they itch then ache and then other symptoms make themselves known elsewhere. I think she was skeptical about my descriptors, but she treated me anyway, focusing on my arm and back. When done, she took measurements again. She had taken measurements last week, and I wondered why she was doing them again. She surprised herself--the upper arm reduced by another 2 centimeters! I wanted to say Aha!! See, I do need treatments...

But I didn't. She commented that she was surprised that she didn't see that kind of fullness just by looking at me. I'm thankful that she is good at what she does.

I left there without another appointment. I'll have to call the oncologist again when I'm ready for another set of treatments. Maybe February??

I went home long enough to get supper in the crockpot and headed to Jackson for the meeting. I felt it was productive, but some things got chewed on way too long. That's how meetings go...

Back home, Dan was home. He has spoken to the guy at the Dealership where we got the Pontiac, and I called to arrange for them to have the car tomorrow to check out the hum that sounds like high profile tires. But it's not tire noise. I'll take it over tomorrow for them to diagnose and repair.

I had supper, chatted with Daniel, then went over to the pool for the aqua aerobics. It still amazes me how much differently exercise is in the water.

Dan was still up when I got home; in fact, he didn't go to bed until 10 o'clock. I'll be on my way soon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment