Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday 12.13.2009

Throughout the night I heard the sounds of ice rain hitting the windows. The radio came on--I got up to look out. Maybe it's too icy for me to travel. We had approximately 1/4 inch ice drips on our balcony railing, and the street was gray and glossy. There were recent tire tracks, though, so maybe it wasn't as slippery as it could be. I called work anyway, to check the staffing situation.

Someone would be on call, but another person wanted it. Ok, I'll come in.

I took my time and arrived without difficulty. The roads were kind of slick, and the new tires definitely helped with the traction.

We had a good group of staff again, and the students were back, too. We had a nice morning. The discharges started leaving before noon, and by 12 o'clock pm I was done. I did a few more odds and ends and clocked out.

I had forgotten my phone this morning at home, so I called Dan before I left the hospital to tell him I was on my way. (it's nice to have someone worry about you)


I had a better drive home; this time I could see the tire tracks of at least 3 vehicles that had gone into the median. Angels, keep them safe....

Daniel was up, reading. We went to the clubhouse and got into the hot tub. Unfortunately something is malfunctioning with it. There is a large amount of sand in the bottom and the pumps aren't pushing the water around very much. Dan talked to the manager while I was showering, who said that it will be on Monday's list.

We came home, both of us tired. I toughed it out, Daniel napped on the bed.

He was hungry before I, so he ate while I rested. I had a grilled cheese sandwich, myself a little while later.

The rest of the evening I was really tired. I hope to sleep tonight. Tomorrow is a workday for Dan, and he's gone to bed. I have a massage and maybe a couple other errands to chase.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment