Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday 12.06.2009 Party Day

Dan and I had a quiet morning--he got up before I did while I dozed a little longer.  And since I had done most of the party preparations yesterday, I didn't feel rushed.

I had breakfast, then showered, and had time to look at the computer.  Frank arrived about 12:30.  By this time I had started organizing what needed to go up to the clubhouse and getting it in boxes.  Frank and I carried things downstairs, loaded into our cars, and went over.  And carried them into the clubhouse.

We moved all the furniture around and got set up.  Dan came a while later.  Just before 5 Jim and Polly arrived, then Paula and her daughter Ericka, then Tom and Kathy. And not too many people showed up until closer to 6.  Then everybody did.  We had maybe 30 or so, and I think we had a good time.  Lots of good food and fun.  Frank "ran" the karaoke menu/machine.  We sang a lot.  I think the one people sang the loudest was "I want a hippopotomus for Christmas" from Annie.  Lots of fun. 

The party started breaking up about 8 o'clock or so, and several of us got the area picked up, cleaned up, furniture put back in place, loaded up, and back to the house and carried upstairs.  Bre and Nick are staying the night while their bathroom is being remodeled, Frank stayed a while, too.  I unpacked the boxes, washed the dishes, put food away.  The bottoms of my feet are really sore--I forget that the clubhouse is tile floor, cold and hard. 

We all visited.  Dan went to bed, Bre has gone to bed, Nick is working on the computer, Frank is still here, and I'm going to bed, too.  I hope to get the party photos posted with a link within the next few days.

Thank you for reading.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment