Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday 12.21.2009

I got up when the radio came on and got ready to go to work. Dan, too, a half hour later.

I had a safe drive down, thank you God, and the shuttle came in to pick us up.

We had a good day, with a great group of co-workers, even though the census was increasing and staffing was challenging with a couple of night people calling in sick.

I had my own scare today. My left arm started itching at the inside fold of the elbow. Annoyingly so. I looked down at it and it was warm, reddened and swollen. Huh?? Over the period of maybe a couple hours it was swollen like a softball was under the skin pushing up. I could feel the lumps in the tissue. Lymph?? I don't know, but I was scared. I rubbed it and rubbed it, then called the therapy place. Ike was not in. I left a message for her to please call me first thing in the morning. I would have put on the compression sleeve if it were with me.

After a couple of hours the "attack" seemed to be easing--the hot redness was turning to pink, the swelling had stopped increasing, and the aching/itching was not as annoying.

We finally finished the day. There was a group of staff that had planned a get together to exchange a small gift; I and another girl went over and joined them, mainly to give my gift. I stayed about a half hour, making sure to hug everyone. That was good.

I got home without difficulty, thank You again. Daniel was able to leave work early today, beginning a four day stretch off. I hope he rested today.

I told him about my arm and showed him; the redness is just a faint pink now, but the swollen area is firm, sore, and maybe 3-4 inches in diameter, just below the crook of the elbow. Not on the bottom where you might rest your arms on the table, but on the top of the lower arm. I don't know what to think. My hand seems to be feeling "tighter", too. The shoulder is achy, too.

I don't know what I want from Ike--reassurance, maybe??

Dan has gone to bed, and I have dozed off while writing. So, I'm going to get myself to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment