Friday, December 25, 2009

Friday 12.25.2009 Christmas

It seemed I woke at frequent intervals. I woke again before the alarm was due to come on, so I just got up. After looking at the clock, I didn't think I had even turned the alarm on. I was surprised to hear it a few minutes later.

I got up and ready for work. The temp was 34 degrees and wet. The drive down varied from the misty precipitation to a light rain.

The units were busy, and the 8 hour shift was welcome. I was sure ready to leave when the next shift came in.

A safe drive home, thank you God. Dan was home, having enjoyed his day. He told me the girls were coming over after a short time.

I changed clothes and had a brief rest before making a new recipe for tomorrow--Cream Cheese Rhubarb Pie, which looks more like a cheesecake in a pie crust.

It went together easily and was in the oven when Bre and Nick arrived. We enjoyed the company and exchanged gifts, as Kris indicated that it would be a while before she arrived.

Kris did arrive. She looks good. We had a nice visit before Nick and Bre left. Dan drifted off to bed, I wrote here, Kris is watching something on tv.

My arm is somewhat better again this evening, though is still a little swollen. Tomorrow I will get the veggies ready for the party. I'm looking forward to seeing my family.

Thank you for reading, and remember: Jesus is the reason for the season. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment