Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday 11.24.2009

What a day. I slept fair, Dan got up and went to work, and I got up just before nine. I breakfasted and showered and went to my appointment with Ike.

That was good. She worked on my upper arm quite a bit; also my back and side. Interesting where that fluid goes. We scheduled another appointment in a couple of weeks.

From there I went to the eye place, Lansing Opthalmology. My favorite optician guy, Bob, helped me. I had taken my previous frames with me because my insurance only covers frames every other year. I hoped that we could just put new lenses into those frames, thus saving over $100.

He looked them over carefully, saying that they are no longer made (of course), and we will send them in for the new lenses to be put in. But if something breaks on them they will probably not be able to be repaired. Ok, I said, let's start with that, and if necessary I'll buy frames. No problem. (as I'm thinking ka-ching, ka-ching) And, once we got all the features added onto the lenses, extra thin, photosensitive, progressive lenses, etc, the cost was a whopping $613!! Just for lenses installed in existing frames!! I'm thankful we have vision insurance, which paid $299 of it. Geesh. They should be ready in a couple of weeks. I thanked him, paid the nice girl half of the balance, and went on my way.

I made a couple of phone calls before I left the parking lot, trying to catch up with people. Next stop, Gordon Foods to make the "wish list" for the singing party. I wandered around in there for almost an hour, looking at what's available, writing down sizes and prices. I'll review all that, make a final list, and pick up what I want just before the event. I'm excited about it--so far I'm thinking about 30 guests, and I haven't heard from the other half of them yet. Woo Hoo!!!

I was getting a hungry headache and needed to get some food. I had to stop at CVS yet to pick up my prescriptions, so I did, with a minimal wait of 2 customers ahead of me. There, on to home.

It was almost 4 when I spoke to Dan, who was on the way home. He had a golf lesson at 6, so we decided to go out to Los Tres Amigos for dinner. Yum. I had a snack of Nilla Wafers and milk, though, to help with that headache.

Dinner was great, we got back to the condo where he let me out, and he went on his way. The rest of the evening was quiet. I read some and checked the computer. He has come back, showered, and gone to bed. I'll be on my way, too.

Tomorrow is work for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment