Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday 11.26.2009 Thanksgiving

Two years ago, the day after Thanksgiving, I had the first surgery which removed the cancers at two different sites in my body.  The year that followed was consumed with treatments and side effects.  This past year was all about recovery and hot flashes.  I am thankful today that I am cancer free, the side effects are relatively minimal, and I'm feeling good more often than feeling punky.  (though I'm still hot, and punky still hangs around)

Dan got up and went to work while I finished my sleep, waking to the radio at 0900.  Time to get up.  I showered and got myself ready to go to Flushing to join Dan's family for dinner.  Frank got here about 11 and we left a little while later.

They had a good turnout there, though not as many as the last couple years, as I remember.  But we had a good time, enjoying the company, conversation, and of course the food.  Dan was hoping to be able to leave work early to join us, but it didn't work out that way today.  They sent a plate of food home for him.  When he saw it, he smiled.

Frank and I got back to Holt about 6:30.  It's been drizzly/rainy most of the day and is still doing so.  He stayed another  hour or so before going on to Jackson.

Dan and I visited a bit and he ended up dozing in the chair before going off to bed.  I wrote here, and will gather my things together to take to the lake, as I'm leaving after work tomorrow night.  I'm going to pick up KS on the way.  Don't know if we're coming home Saturday or Sunday; we're going to play that one by ear. 

Safe travels to all who are traveling this weekend.

Thank you for reading, and hug 'em while you got 'em. 

No comments:

Post a Comment