Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday 11.19.2009

The alarm came on this morning, 0500. Ugh. Although it was a half hour later than a regular work day. Up and at 'em.

I got ready and went to Jackson for the last of the Ed Fair days. I will say I'm glad it's over. Doing the same 10-15 minute spiel over and over gets tedious.

I left there in enough time to get to the dentist's office. It was time for the bite-wing x-rays; she put the lead apron over me, placing it way up under my chin. What?!? Protecting the thyroid gland. Oh. Good. I had a good check up there (look, mom, no cavities!!) and headed home. It was 4:15 and I'm hungry again.

Dan suggested we go out for dinner, so we did. We used a gift card for Applebees. While the food was tasty, we both think it had lots of chemicals--preservatives, seasonings, etc--which made it most unpleasant for us. I ate enough that I wasn't hungry any more, but I don't think I even had half of it, and Daniel said his intestines were churning when he stopped eating. And he passed gas the rest of the evening, starting when we got outside the restaurant. I've been slightly nauseated, too, but I also took my meds, which has that side effect. Bottom line: no more Applebees for us. Unless it's ice cream.

I'm happy that my body likes clean food. I've been drinking water, too, to help flush out the crap.

Tomorrow I start the day with Leah and a massage, then at 1:30 I see Ike. At 3 I go to the oncology center for a blood draw, and from there to the eye doctor for an exam.

Dan has gone to bed, and I'll get there before long.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment