Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday 11.27.2009

The radio came on this morning.  Ugh.  I got up and got ready for work after sleeping inbetween periods of wakefulness. 

We had both left, but I went back in for something, and when I came back to the car, there was a message on the phone.  Dan.  He said it was really slick out and to be careful.  Thanks, Dan, you too.  I got on the highway and noticed that the vehicles were travelling about 60 mph.  Ok.  And then I came to an overpass.  As this was the first time I had driven this car in "weather", I took my foot off the accellerator and coasted over the bridge.  And I was glad I did.  The roadway was greasy and I felt like I didn't have much traction at all.  But I continued to drive with caution and arrived in a timely and safe manner.

We had a good day with a good crew.  And we had discharges that started leaving.  There were 2 people in my job role today.  The census dropped so that we only needed one of us.  And she didn't want to leave.  I stayed through lunches, clocked out after 1 o'clock and headed home.

I got my things together, changed clothes, loaded the car, and headed out.  I stopped at Meijer to refill my water jugs (I've found that the well water doesn't sit too well with me any more) and continued north.  I arrived at T & KS' about 5pm.  We visited for a bit, loaded Kathy's stuff into the car and took off again.

We had an uneventful drive, thank you God, arriving at the Jacque Cabin 7:30 ish.  Beautiful, crisp, 35 degrees.

We unloaded, turned up the radiant heater, but I was unable to get the furnace to stay lit again, so the radiant heater is what we have and we're thankful for it.  That, plus electric blanket on one bed and electric mattress pad on the other.  We'll be fine.  Now if it were to stay below freezing.....

After a while we decided to go out for a flashlight walk.  We bundled up in winter hats, coats, scarves, and gloves.   The moon was nearing full and was quite bright.  The clouds were moving quickly in the sky, too, giving an eerie sensation, like we were moving.  There's no ice on the edges of the lake yet, but some of the leaves on the ground were glistening like they were beginning to freeze.  We walked down to the GC, assuring that all was well there, also.

Back at the JC, the inside temp has come up to 55 degrees.  We are each doing computer stuff, and will be heading off to bed soon.

Tomorrow the people from TruExteriors are to install the new roof system over the back deck.  And we haven't decided if we're going to stay tomorrow night or not. 

Thank you for reading.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment