Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday 11.20.2009

The sounds of the light rain were the background of my night. Dan's "gut" was active and he was up several times, finally taking some Pepto and settling down sometime after 2. I was hot and cold as usual, but I slept after he was better. The radio came on at 0800.

I got up and lingered in the shower. That felt really good. I breakfasted and went to Leah's.

She did a good job on my neck and shoulders. I know I carry tension and such, but I sure don't realize where it is. Until Leah starts working it out. Too soon the hour was up and I was done.

Back home, I had a cup of coffee and talked with Daniel a little. Then I got in the shower again to get the oils washed off. Yes, they are nice, but I don't like wearing it all day. I lingered again. When I had gotten out and looked at the clock, it was time for a snack and off to see Ike.

I had to wait about 15 minutes, as she had gotten behind a couple of clients ago. I listened to my story on my Zen device.

When it was my turn, she looked at my upper left arm and right off started working on it. And that hour seemed to go by quickly, as well.

From there I went to the oncologist's office to get blood drawn in advance of next week's appointment.

Lateeya (or something, sorry) came out to get me, and for the first time out of all the times she has drawn blood from me, had to poke twice. The first one, on the inside of the elbow, bled, but reeeaaaaallll ssslllllloooooooooowwwww. There was enough for one tube, but not the other. The second tube was from my hand. We got enough for the second tube there, but it didn't flow very good. What's up with that?!?? Bottom line is that the specimen was collected, and she ran the CBC and gave me a copy. Those results looked great. Praise the Lord!

Next stop, eye doctor. I got checked in and waited to be called. At this place there are two different technicians that see the patient before the doctor does. The second one was Kim, the girl who rechecked the lenses for me after I had gotten them last year. She remembered the visit more than I did, and reassured me that I'm not the only one that gets glasses that are just a little off, though it doesn't happen very often. Next stop was the doctor's exam room.

He came in after about 5 minutes. After examining my eyes he wrote the prescription out, saying he would "tweak" it a little, helping both eyes to work together. My first thought was Shouldn't that have happened in the first place? and next was "What if this one isn't good either..." But the previous script before this current one was good, so I decided that this current one is the fluke. I thanked him for his time and went out to the desk.

My favorite fitter, Bob, was standing there, and I asked him if he had time to help me. He responded that he didn't, that he was late in leaving as it was, but he'd be happy to see me next week. So I scheduled to see him on Tuesday. I was glad, too, because I was getting a headache. Probably from eye strain of "this way or that way", and it was time to eat again.

Back to the car, over to Meijer. I picked up the few items I wanted, and after getting home, I realize that I had forgotten milk. Shoot. That's why I need a list for more than one thing. Sometimes, even for one thing.

On the way back I stopped to get gas, too. Now I was home.

I fixed dinner and ate. Dan came back from his golf lesson, the first for the season. He was happy.

We spent a quiet evening together. We both work tomorrow, and of course he's gone off to bed. I'm ready, too.

I'm a little sore across the shoulders, but I think Leah did something positive, because my right ear seems to be resolving some. Finally! That's been full at least 2 months now.

I'm off to bed. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment