Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday 10.22.2009

I was asleep when the radio came on; it was 6:11. I wondered why it was on, then remembered that I have a physical this morning. I thought I had set the clock to 6:30, and turned the radio off. I woke again at 6:35. I got up, and checked to see what time I had set it for. 0600. Hm. And I didn't wake for 11 minutes. Oh well, I'm up now, and have just enough time.

I cleaned up and left. I had a safe drive down in traffic and got to the doctor's office at 7:50.

When I got called back, we had to stop at the scale. I know I've gained some weight. Last year at this time I was 146 pounds on that scale. Today I was 156--AND A HALF!!!! Geesh!!! I weigh more now than when I was full term pregnant with each of my children!! I am not liking those numbers. Doctor thought it might be related to 1. the hormonal change in my body 2. thyroid imbalance or 3. too much food/not enough exercise. Yeah. I think my activity level has increased this past year, and I'm not sure I'm eating all that much more. We'll see what the blood test shows.

Everything else was good, though. Dr. Taylor had a suggestion for a different hot flash medicine that I will need to talk with Dr. Williams about when I see him in December.

One of the nice girls drew four tubes of blood, I checked out, and I was on my way.

I had a safe drive home, thank you God, and fixed my breakfast and ate. After a bit I went out to Meijer for fresh food, stopping at the library on the way to exchange materials.

Back at home, I started dinner, so that when Dan got home we would be ready to eat.

We visited some and had supper. I was kind of tired still, but the water aerobics was at 7:30. I put my bathing suit on and went over to the pool.

It was really nice. I decided that I would try to push myself a little more than what the instructor does, and I did. I also found out what happened when one gets a hot flash while in the pool. Ohmygosh--I splashed some water onto my face and kept moving. It was a very odd feeling, like the water changed temperatures. And when it had passed, my body wasn't any more wet than it was.

Back at home, I showered again and moisturized. That chlorine really dries out my skin. Dan was still awake (surprise) and didn't go to bed until almost 10. I wrote here.

I'm scheduled to work tomorrow, but our census is low. I offered to be "on call" so I could leave earlier in the afternoon to go to the lake. (Of course, I can't be more than an hour away, so I can only leave about 4 or so. I'll call them in the afternoon to see how business is)

I'm trying to stay awake, so I'll be off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment