Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday 10.15.2009

Early morning, up and at 'em. We got ready and left for our J.O.B.s. Just north of Jackson, I saw a large white bug in the headlights. Then a few more. I was wondering about seeing bugs--I was surprised to see bugs. They should be going into the ground, but maybe this species feeds some type of bird. HEY, THOSE AREN'T BUGS!!! It's snow!!! Hm. 39 degrees out there. I could see the wet drops on the windshield. I've seen my first snow of the season.

The shuttle was in the parking lot when I pulled in, and took us over to the hospital.

We had a very busy morning, with a good crew. We were able to staff down after lunch. The rest of the afternoon was long, steady, and do-able. One of the best parts is the visitor restrictions. It is so nice to be able to take care of the patients without their "guests" coming in and out (and our patients seem to have lots of visitors), and I think the patients are more relaxed and rested without worrying about "being ready" for visitors. You know, baby fed, mom showered, mom fed, mom napped, pain medicine/rest, etc. The whole atmosphere--not only on our floor, but the entire hospital--seems to be less hectic. And quieter. Very nice.

We were able to leave in a timely manner. I had a safe drive home, thank you God. Dan was home when I got home. I put my things away, washed up, changed clothes. We visited a little, then he turned his attention to the television, and it wasn't too much longer before he was sleeping in the chair. He has since gone to bed.

Tomorrow he works, I have a massage in the morning. I'm looking forward to it--my shoulders are sore, and I know she'll work on my arm and rib area where the fluid is collecting. As an aside, I have called the Oncologist office for a prescription for therapy, and have an appointment with Ike scheduled for November 2, as she is out of town until that week. I'm looking forward to that, too.

And to hearing from you.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment