Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday 10.25.2009

I slept pretty good again last night, waking in the morning about 9:30, dozing and getting out of bed by 10. It was a beautiful day--the sun was out, the wind quiet, and a lovely 42 degrees in the sun.

Diane had been up for an hour or so; I washed up and had breakfast. The lake was sooo beautiful, and so different looking along the shorelines with the foliage coming down. I knew she wanted to be on the road by 1pm, but I asked her anyway if she'd like to go for a paddleboat ride. She said yes!!

So we bundled up in winter coats and gloves, hoods up on our coats. The neighbor still has their dock in, so we pulled the paddleboat over there to "board" without getting wet.

We had a beautiful ride. We went into the wind, and it was a bit chilly, but we were able to stay closer to the shore without all the docks in, so we were mostly protected from the wind. Once we got down to the GC we were able to just drift back along the shore. It was quite fun. We got back to the dock, got out, pulled the paddleboat to our egress and put it back up on shore.

Now for getting ready to go. Diane was great help; while she cleaned the bathroom, I vacuumed the front rooms and bug sprayed the interior perimeter again. (I found a couple young spiders inside) Then I did the two inside bedrooms while she moved into the kitchen. I did the living room, and the kitchen last. And soon we were ready to go.

We were loading the car, and just on the last load, Mary comes over. We had a quick visit and hugs before leaving. It was 3:15.

Diane and I had a great drive to her house. The air temperature had risen to 54, but the clouds were more gray and were spitty light rain. We got there a little after 5, got her unloaded, and I had a bite to eat while she got going on her own weekend chores. I left close to 6.

I was enjoying my drive, in the construction zone, at 50-55 mph or so, single lane orange barrels on each side, with an on-ramp on the right that had a stop-to-merge sign. The large sedan stopped, then pulled out right as I got next to it. Hey, um, didn't you see the headlights?? If not the pretty white car?? I moved over as close to the left barrels as I could, because I'd rather hit a barrel than a larger vehicle. And I did. Next thing I knew, the driver's side mirror popped off. OFF!! 3 wires left waggling in the breeze. Hm. Where's that car. Behind me. Must not have hit it. Good. I'm not going to stop and see about picking up the mirror; there's no place to do that. So, I guess I'm ok. Surprised. An inconvenience to get it repaired.

Several minutes later and out of the construction zone, I call Dan to tell him I'm on the last leg, home soon. And oh, by the way...

I stopped at Meijer to get gas in the car, and also to pick up another of the area rugs I had found on clearance. I had hoped for 2 of them, but there was only one more left. So I got it.

And home. Dan came down and looked at the car--some black screech marks along the front side of the car, some odd scratches on the door window glass. I don't think it's a big deal, but I don't know much about auto body stuff. We'll see.

He carried a load of stuff up for me, and I had the rest. I put a load of laundry in, showered, put it in the dryer, and Dan has gone to bed. I'm on my way, too.

I had a wonderful weekend. Thank you God for keeping us safe, even with a "minor" mishap on the e-way.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis,
    Sorry about your "mishap" but glad you are alright. The car can be fixed. Sounds like you had a nice time at the lake and yes it is much differant in the fall.
    Take care,
    Tom and Kathy

    ReplyDelete